Latest News

Sunday 16 August 2009

Next stop... Google Wave... I have received my invite!!!

I am sure by now, must geeks around the world have heard about Google Wave and its endless capabilities. I am not sure of the last one. Anyway, I have received my invitation from Google about 2 weeks, yippie, but I did not logged in until today mainly because I was too busy on other projects of mine.

When first logged, I have to admit that I was not very much impressed. I thought looked like a better version of Twitter based on the user interface. Nevertheless, I am looking to build a demo Wave application that can be embed into the Google Wave. I want to build something simple but I am not getting any inspiration. By the way, initially this blog entry was going to be a tutorial about how to build a wave app.  This is what I decided to do. I have created a wave or should i say a wavelet, which will be used to brainstorm ideas about what to build.

Ooh, I have an idea. I think that I should make a tutorial which will show to build a Google Wave application that extract phone numbers from "blips" and make it possible to dial them straight  using the "callto" protocol. This will allow a participant to dial a number from the wave app to let's say their Skype phone. This should be simple enough. Now let's find the time to do it. Hopefully my next entry will be it.

Until then, keep the channel open.



My Google Wave Screenshot

  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

2 comments :

  1. Have you had time to work on the skype idea Armel? Btw, can you nominate / invite a new user from the developer sandbox account? *wink, wink* http://scr.im/fatbrand

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! slice invite code

    ReplyDelete

Item Reviewed: Next stop... Google Wave... I have received my invite!!! Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
Scroll to Top